Thursday, September 22, 2016

It's Fall, Y'all!!!


FALL!!! It's finally here!!!

Well, in name anyway. These 90 + degree temperatures here in Texas aren't really screaming Fall right now, but I have hope for 70s in the next few weeks.

HAHAHAHAHA!! Who am I kidding?! We'll have the 70s for like 2 days, then jump head first into the 40s. Don't nobody tell Texas what to do! Texas does things its own way.

I have a love/hate relationship with Fall.

I LOVE cooler weather.

I HATE fall pollen. Ragweed, thou art the devil. 



I LOVE changing out my wardrobe.

I HATE having wearing pants again.

I LOVE not having to shave my legs because of wearing pants.




I HATE when my leg hair gets pulled by my pants and I think bugs are crawling up my legs.

I LOVE changing up the menu to cooler weather food.

I HATE having to update my recipe binder.

I LOVE hot tea!!!

I HATE pumpkin spice in everything. I only like pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie.

I LOVE decorating my house for Fall!

I HATE that I can't just buy an entire Hobby Lobby to put in my house.

I LOVE Halloween!!




I HATE that Halloween is only for one month.

I LOVE cuddling up with a snuggly blanket and snorey dog because it's chilly outside.

I HATE freezing at night because J needs the house cool to sleep. I literally sleep in a hoodie with the hood on sometimes. Or this fantastic PJ outfit. Because you can look chillin' while you're chilly. 



I LOVE the first freeze of the year that kills off all the evil bugs and pollen.

I HATE when it's below freezing for more than 3 days in a row.

I LOVE wearing sweaters because they're cozy.

I HATE wearing sweaters because I look like the Michelin man.

I LOVE the 5 seconds of colored leaves we get.

I HATE that we don't ease into winter. It sneaks up on you fast!

I LOVE all the fun Fall birthdays.

I HATE that my kids are growing up so quickly. *sob*



I LOVE that the mosquitos are gone.

I HATE that the scorpions and mice are trying to move inside and party with me.


I have all the feelings about Fall. I'm going to chalk the fluctuations to my brain being fried from the heat. Just wait, it won't be long til I'm upset that it's cold outside. Is it hard being fickle? Nope. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment