Thursday, March 23, 2017

Randomosity



via GIPHY

Yes, I am aware that "randomosity" is not a real word. 

J and I go back and forth over my made-up words. He thinks it's ridiculous, I think it's ridiculously creative and fun. The word that annoys him most is "ginormous" so I, of course, have to use it as much as possible. Thank you, Buddy the Elf!! Imagine my absolutely unabashed GLEE when "ginormous" was added to the Webster's Dictionary a few years back. It made my happiness ginormous. I tip my hat to you, Webster's Dictionary people.

It has been a busy couple of weeks around this Casa de la Casa.

We had spring break last week which was basically spent helping a friend redo their bathroom. The guys pulled out a bathtub, turned the space into a shower, and we tiled it. I stayed home 4 out of 6 days to get some uninterrupted cleaning done and binge watch Bones.

Y'all, Bones is my favorite thing ever right now!! I just finished season 11 and then I have to wait for season 12 to stream on Netflix. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die while waiting. I'm already grieving. It can't be over!! 


via GIPHY

Okay, and so maybe I did some Lady Gaga karaoke while I was home alone, too. 

The 2 days I helped the dudes consisted of driving 385,984,726 miles for supplies, babysitting the friend's anxious doggie while all the traffic and shop-vaccing in her house freaked her out, supervised the 14 yr old running the tile saw so he kept all phalanges intact (See, watching Bones is useful!!), and then I helped grout and wash tile.




I'm pretty sure we went through 45 lbs. of turkey lunchmeat and 200 loaves of bread in 1 week.

I also got an Instant Pot a couple of weeks ago... which I have yet to use. But it looks nice sitting on my counter and I feel like an accomplished adult by taking that FOMO like a boss. I've also been stalking recipes to try and learning how to avoid blowing up my kitchen. Baby steps, yo!!

I completely FAILED at the Unfrump Yourself challenge last week. I think I put on jeans 2 days, both of those days were the working days. Makeup happened approximately ZERO times and I was just happy I brushed my hair. I also bid a sad farewell to my favorite yoga pants I mentioned in a previous post. The worn spot in the crotch finally blew out, which made for a wonderful discovery as I squatted like a sumo wrestler scoping out what treasures were in the lowest shelf of the pantry. Nothing will get your attention quite as fast as a sudden breeze in your nethers and you are quickly reminded this was a sans-undies day.


I'd also like to take this moment to raise all the praise hands for long t-shirts because they are responsible for it being ONLY ME who knew it was a casual-CASUAL Friday south of the border. Long t-shirts, you are my boo, my Bae, my PB&J, my smoochy-lovebug forever!! Don't ever change!!! *blows kisses*

I watched linemen repair a broken high line dangling right over our road. Yes, I took pictures of them. No, I didn't get a restraining order. Yet. I'll have to do better next time.



I had a rat snake on my porch. I tried to pick him up, but he hissed, "STRANGER DANGER!!!" and wasn't having it. So I just touched him a few times and watched him skedaddle.


I got some new paper and markers to play with. Yes, I am 5 years old. 


On Tuesday, the man-cubs had their eye exam and got new glasses so they can see their school work. They really liked that reminder.

*sigh* Moooooooooom!!!

What can I say? I like to be practical. If it's extra harassing and I get eye rolls, that's just a free perk. Those perks are definitely a plus when said man-cubs' arrival caused you to have to turn your girl bits inside out in front of various strangers. That is what I call fair.

I'm looking forward to some not quite so hectic days. When will they come, I'm not sure, but I do have hope they're on the way soon.

Okay, so I'm totally lying to myself and promising myself wine. That's the same as hope, right?

RIIIIGHT???

Eh, whatever gets you through the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment