Thursday, March 9, 2017

Unfrump Update 1

The struggle is real, y'all!! 


Last week I started my Unfrump Yourself challenge where I wear "real" clothes at home 3 days a week. 

It was a little iffy at the beginning of the week. I fully intended to dress cute on my birthday, but wound up being gross sick. When you have a faucet for a nose and your head throbs, and staying awake for 5 minutes is too much to ask, you aren't exactly inspired to look cute. You wear your comfy clothes and plug the nose dam with kleenex. It's a totally sexy look, let me tell you.
But after I started feeling human again, I DID manage to unfrump for 4 days with 3 days of picture proof.

Some things I have discovered since starting this challenge:

* The lighting in my house is awful. Seriously, a spelunker trekking through the bowels of the earth probably has better lighting than I do. It's all Coldplay up in here because they were all yellow. 

* I need a full-length mirror. Y'ALL. I am 35 years old and haven't had a full-length mirror.  This feels like a monumental fail somehow. I am determined to right this.

* My patience with doing my hair is on the negative end of the spectrum.

* My hair styling skills are probably even more in the negative than my patience. I would probably try to pull my hair into a ponytail if I had G.I. Jane hair.

So here are a couple of the outfits I wore last week. Please pardon the craptacularness of these pictures. I am figuring out how to make them better. 

Day 1: No makeup or hair doin's since this was the day after I felt like caca. 



Day 2: I really liked this outfit. Unfortunately the abhorrent yellow tinge kind of makes this picture horrid. BUT the positive side is I got dressed, did my makeup, and wore jewelry. My children were completely dumbfounded. 



I also attempted beach waves with my flat iron. That magic did not happen, hence the crazy-eyed look. 


Day 3: I LOVED this outfit. It was like a cheater outfit. So comfy and cute. I'm pretty sure jeggings are where it's at, y'all. This picture is horrid. This is why I'm not a fashion blogger.

Outfit = Love
Picture = Poop emoji


Makeup done and hair is not in a COMPLETE ponytail. I count it a win. Ignore the tremendous eye bags happening here. That's one of the joys of a cold in the middle of allergy season.


Day 4: AKA the cutest outfit of the week and I DIDN'T GET A PICTURE OF IT!!!


It was really cute though. You'll have to believe me. If the weather decides to be highs in the 60s again, I'll have to do a redo. Green sweater, black pointe pants, and black ankle boots. I actually looked like I knew what I was doing for a minute!  


Well, week 1 is in the books. Let's see what week 2 brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment