Friday, June 2, 2017

Unfrump Yourself Update

Hey there!! So sorry it's been a while. The last few weeks has just been bombarded with shenanigans and honestly, I've been left with absolutely NO words. I'm in full Grumpy Cat mode.

Look at these things to do!

NO!

Hey, you need to do this...

NOOOOO!! 

Yo, get this done!!

UH-UH!

*to-do list taunts me* Cash me outside. How 'bout dah??
How 'bout  NOPE!!

*covers ears and hums*
La-dee-da!! I can't hear yooooooou, adulting!!

But alas, the adulting must be done, so adulting has been happening.

Peter Pan, you knew what you were talking about with that not growing up stuff.
So in the midst of adulting, I haven't done super great at looking adulty and unfrumped. 

I have come across some simple outfits I'm really loving and have worn them several times because they're easy and cute.

I'm really a big t-shirt and jeans gal, so my summer go-to is shorts or denim capris, so you'll probably see repeats of those in a lot of upcoming pictures. 



This t-shirt, Y'ALL!! This has fast become my favorite shirt this season!! Target, you are my favorite.

This was just a simple, extremely comfy outfit I wore on a slightly chilly day. I'm pretty sure that hoodie isn't going to be back out for a while. 




 And this t-shirt!!! I wear this one at least once a week. It's so dang comfy!! AND HUGE! This is a medium and it's pretty big. 

These capris are amazing. Nine West elastic waist skinny capris. They're comfy, simple, and go with a lot of tops. My only issue is the pockets on the front are fake. **side-eye** Do not tease me with fake pockets, people. I need pockets. I have stuff I need to carry! Like keys, gum, lip balm, small rocks I pull out of the washing machine, spare change I find in the couch or abandoned in parking lots, and occasionally rogue Legos or a cow's tooth in the middle of my floor. Pockets are life. Stop it with the fake ones, bruh.  

I found these capris at Sam's Club. The shirt too. I'm really loving the clothes at Sam's Club. They're good quality and affordable. I had to replace a pair of capris I previously purchased there this year. For some reason, it is frowned upon to wear jeans with a see-through behind. I think that's a double-standard. I mean, did you SEE the pants with clear windows on the legs? Maybe I just needed some clear plastic on the seat of those pants and I could have had a booty window. How do ya like me now, fashionistas?? 



This was a simple "around the house" outfit.  Yeah... I totally cheated and wore capri yoga pants, BUT it was something I wouldn't have been ashamed to be hospitable to drop-in company. 


Here's my modern version of the homeschool mom look. No denim jumpers, but still denim. I felt comfy and cute here. And I think I *almost* look like I know what I'm doing here!! Like some sort of responsible adult or something! WHAT THE WHAT?! 

I KNOOOOW!! 

Shocking! 


I had to include these shoes. They are my new faves and have a fun story. 

So I was window shopping on Amazon for shoes one night before bed. I found this pair of Aerosoles (One of my favorite brands) for $24, so I popped them in my wishlist for later. 

The next day, I ran to Goodwill to scope out their, well... goods. I always go look at the shoes in there. I've found brand new and slightly worn Converse, Uggs, and various other expensive brands in there for $10 or less. I scan each aisle carefully and didn't find much until I reached the very last shoe aisle. Low and behold, the EXACT SAME SHOES I just put in my Amazon wishlist the night before... IN MY SIZE for $6.00!!  You better believe I grabbed those puppies immediately. I would have elbowed the Pope if he'd made a move to grab them off the shelf. I was ready to fight for them. Thankfully I didn't have to. But I did have my "bail me out" sisters on speed dial if I needed them. 



So obviously I'm not unfrumping as much as I intended to, but I'm working on it. I shall prevail. I've been trying out some new makeup and skin care items lately I'm planning on sharing with y'all in upcoming posts. I'm going to do my best to blog more regularly starting with this post.

SOOOOOO....
What are some of your favorite spring/summer clothing items or accessories you're loving this year?? Let me know because I may need to add them to my list too! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment