Monday, January 25, 2016

2016 Bullet Journal So Far

Being a fan of new beginnings, January ushered in a new year, as well as a new notebook for all my bullet journaling awesomeness. Yes, I still had a few pages left in my 2015 Moleskine, but I couldn't just use a handful of pages for an entire new year! Please tell me I'm not crazy! Please!!


This month has been so hectic that pretty layouts haven't really happened, it's all about the functional, baby. Jot that stuff down and check some boxes!! BOOYAH!!!


I AM really kicking myself for assigning a specific area for my lists. 


Why? 


Because I've already filled up most of it. #bujoproblems. 


You know what they say, listers gotta list. I seem to list like a dog sheds hair. 


*makes mental note to make a list of dogs that shed* 



I, of course, had to start this new BuJo off with a bang, and by bang I mean, mistakes. If I sat down and asked myself, "Hmmm... How can I jack up as many things as possible?" Then made a list of all the things I wanted to mess up and tediously checked off said mess ups, I don't think I would have made as many mistakes as I did just flying by the seat of my ... paper. 

Boo-boos hidden with scrapbooking paper and
Project Life knock-offs.
More "Hide the Mistakes.


BUT that's one of those things. That's life. Things happen, so you just go with the flow. I will say I did feel a few new gray hairs pop up because of it, but I told myself to be like Taylor Swift and shake it off. I'm doing pretty well with that. I only toss some deuces to those pages once a week or so. I mean, dude, who messes up the Birthday and Anniversary pages, for Pete's sake? That would be me. *bows*


I'm using a soft-cover Moleskine this year instead of a hardcover like I did last year and I made the jump to dot grid instead of regular grid paper. I wasn't really sure how I'd feel about either, but really, I'm liking the dots and I don't hate the soft-cover. I do think I prefer the hardcover due to the ease of jotting things down without a table, but it's not bothering me enough to drop it all together and start over. 



I don't have a set in stone layout, especially for my dailies, those change with my mood for the day, but I do like to have a monthly view that looks like a calendar. My mind doesn't work with the linear look, I need boxes or it isn't "real." 



January's monthly view is taped in because I did not do well with drawing it out. I haven't decided if I'll print off another calendar or try to draw out February's. 




My dailies are usually just my personal to-dos that are more detailed than what I put in my planner. Checking off boxes makes me happy and boxes just make my planner look too cluttery, I think.



Now for the lists. 



Right now I have Favorites, which is just podcasts at the moment. 



Then I have the KonMari Checklist so I can work on getting mi casa under control. 



Then my FlyLady Zone Cleaning lists for all that domestic merriment.



A couple of Money Saving Challenges because it makes me feel like a grown-up.



Books to Read, which is 3 pages right now and will probably grow.






Blog Post Ideas. Sorry, but I can't show y'all that. ;) 


More Day-to-Day routines.



My Miracle Morning tracker.



And favorite quotes.



I WAS going to include capsule wardrobe info in the back, buuuuuut I wasn't satisfied with the number of pages left back there, soooooo... I made a journal for clothing/capsule wardrobe stuff only.

And that's the set-up I have going right now. I'm sure it will change because I like to keep things fun.

What's your set-up looking like?



1 comment:

  1. Hello, lovevly! <3

    can i ask you about that morning miracle? what is it? thanks <3

    ReplyDelete