Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Are YOU Ready for 2016?

2016 is just around the corner. Can you believe it??? Where did this year go?? And where are the flying cars??

Do you make resolutions?

I personally don't like to call them resolutions. It makes it easy to give up and quit. I prefer to call them goals. That way it sounds like something you can start again mid-year if you fall off the wagon. It's all about the psychology, baby.

Here are my goals for 2015.


I feel I did pretty well on these. 


Lose 20 pounds. 


Check. I lost 25. 




Take care of myself


This meant self-care. Like shaving my legs and wearing makeup more often, taking the time to do a face mask and pedicure, getting my hair cut more than once a year, decide whether or not I was going to continue coloring my hair, not wearing yoga pants EVERY.DANG.DAY...

Basically, trying to look and smell like a person that I would be okay with being trapped inside an elevator with for a lengthy amount of time.

Thank goodness for the shaving because if your leg hair starts hanging on the inside of your pants, feels like you have bugs crawling up your legs, and you frequently bust into a spastic dance, it's probably time to get cozy with a Bic.

Confession: Not all of these things happened on a daily basis, BUT they happened more often than they had previously.


Clean and organize house. 


Well, there are 5 people who live in this house. 5 people and 2 dogs. And a LOT of stuff. 

Thanks to the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, I was able to think about the things we had differently. I didn't count all the bags of things I decluttered, but I probably should have. Honestly, I was ashamed to know. So far, between my cray-cray schedule and life happening, I've made it through clothes (Not my hubby's clothes, though, just mine and the boys'.), books, paper, and a few Komono categories. Yeah, we still have loads of stuff, but I'm still whittling away at it. It's going to be an ongoing process for a while (I'm sorry, KonMari!!), but it's happening and that's all that matters.

As for the cleaning part... *SIGH* I'm still working on that. My handy, dandy BuJo helps me there. Also having kids who are old enough to pitch in quite a bit helps too.

Save Money 


This is one of the "meh" categories. It didn't happen as much as I thought it would, but I did all right. This is something I intend on tackling hard-core in 2016. I'm going to follow this chart and double it.

Google search

Yoga 3x a Week


This is one that I guess I wrote down and then stuck my tongue out at it. I probably did yoga 20 times over the course of this year. I had good intentions, but absolutely no follow through. I honestly didn't really WANT to do it. It always felt like a chore. Not to mention the constant interruptions every time I pulled out my mat. EVERY TIME. I swear it's like the bathroom radar, you know how when a Mom sneaks to the bathroom and everyone and the dogs (literally) has to stand outside the door bellowing questions. Yeah, that happened 98% of the time. 


In case you didn't know, it is damn near impossible to do yoga with a 60 lb. dog trying to sit on your chest while a 20 lb. dog is trying to kiss your face off, 3 kids are asking rapid-fire questions, and the phone ringing off the hook. Definitely not a Zen moment.

Meal Planning


I did well with this one, considering this is my reaction when I even think about meal planning. 



Google search
It just irritates me so much!! But it's one of those extremely useful things that helps your life run smoother, therefore I endure it. Yeah, I may still give it the finger when I'm writing down all the week's meals, but I will admit it does work.


A few more things that happened this year that I didn't even write down because I didn't actually pre-plan them...
  • I started 2 at home businesses
  • I started blogging again
  • I started reading for myself instead of just homeschool related things


These will carry over into 2016 for sure.


What are my goals for 2016?? 

  • Tone and build muscle - I'm getting a resistance band set for Christmas and I will be using that bad boy.
  • Read books on motivation, being an entrepreneur, personal growth, and literature
  • Learn a new skill - I haven't decided this one yet. I have a few ideas spinning around, I just haven't settled on it yet. 
  • Make better use of my time
  • Grow both of my businesses
  • Be more present in the little things
  • Finish KonMar-ing my house
  • Continue menu planning (#$*&#!@)
  • Continue self-care
  • Save money

Now that I've shared mine, what are YOUR goals for 2016?






No comments:

Post a Comment