Tuesday, November 29, 2016

What's Been Happening

Man, it's been a bit since I've blogged. Here's a peek at what's happened in the last couple of weeks. 

There was this. (J's birthday.)


Lots of cleaning since I live with a bunch of males.

Lots of cooking and eating since it was Thanksgiving.




Then right after Thanksgiving, this.




And cold meds for 3 guys.

Then I became diseased and I'm pretty sure one of these came out of my forehead Sunday night.



Sheldon, why did you and Lysol let me down?!

Then I was like



and this


Suddenly I had time for this to happen!


Which lead to this


via GIPHY





After I partially processed all the feels, I took more cold meds and decided to make a list.

Pros and cons of being sick. Yep, I'm channelling my inner Rory now.

Pros: 

* Naps!! You're going to take them whether you want them or not. 

* Putting my hot tea collection to good use. 

* No complaints about me watching Gilmore Girls in the bedroom. 

* Mystery Science Theater 3000 is even better when you're cracked out on cold meds. 

* It's a great way to play hide and seek with the dog. I wind up being a million degrees on the couch because of said dog. I sneak to the bedroom, dog heater follows in 5 minutes. 

Cons:

* Much needed deep cleaning and holiday prep and decorating is put on hold. 

* Kids finally share without an issue, only it's germs. Thanks, kids. 

* I can only hold half a thought in my brain. This is not conducive to reading or thinking. Even a Nora Roberts book is too much for my addled brain. It turns into some super deep philosophical tome. 

* Inner dialogue sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher. I hope nobody tells me anything important. 

* I had to postpone adulting yesterday because I really needed to make sense and be able to think before I dealt with adult things like bills and phone calls. 


Thankfully I'm feeling better today. No forehead alien births or feeling like I was diving off the deck of my ship after Moby Dick. I'm hoping to rid the house of pestilence ASAP because we're going to have a homeschool holiday party next week. As much as my friends love me, I'm sure they won't want me to share the cooties with them. I feel the same way about them.

Much love and Lysol to you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment