Monday, April 18, 2016

Oh Sister, Where Art Thou?

Whoa. It's been a while since I've posted. Sorry about that. It was completely unintentional. I was strutting through life like Leo DiCaprio and then *BOOM!* Life happened everywhere! All over the place.

borrowed from Google

Nothing bad, just an absolute explosion of things.

We had my 34th birthday, our 16th anniversary, loads of homeschool stuff, niece birthdays, cleaning, plumbing issues, singing events, a master phone reset... just everything. Don't you just love it when ALL THE THINGS like to happen back to back? This is when Life throws its head back and cackles because you thought you had everything under control.

So I'm back today taking advantage of some quiet time because I have a sick kid who is resting up and it's finally a little bit back to normal even though we are currently housing cooties. I'm writing this post between loads of laundry and disinfecting our little world. It's also super wet and soggy outside today due to some mega rainfall over the weekend. We're sitting, or maybe I should say floating, at a little over 6" of rain this morning with chances of rain through the rest of the week. I made this meme yesterday and it's so true for most of the state of Texas.



I've got a confession to make. I am a control freak. I TRY not to be. I try to tell myself I'm not, but when it comes down to it, I'm a raging control freak. I feel like I need to "fix" everything that's going awry. Be it people, situations, mishaps, I MUST FIX THEM. And it makes me so ragey when I can't fix things. I don't like not being able to fix things.

How have I been handling all the fixing that needs to be done, but isn't happening?


By decluttering my house KonMari style. I might not can finish up the plumbing stuff myself, but I CAN organize the heck out of my pens, junk drawers in the kitchen, bathroom cabinets, and sock drawer. Let me tell you, my sock drawer is AMAZING. That is a major silver lining in the midst of the crazy.
Kitchen gadget drawer after KM.


Bathroom cabinet after KM. 

Pens and Homeschooling writing goods Before and After.
Don't judge me.


I haven't forgotten about my blog during all the hubbub. No siree! I've been contemplating posts for weeks, but they just haven't made it out of my head and through my keyboard. So I'm working on getting back on a post schedule and throw some new things out there too.

I hope you're having a fantastic Monday! Let's go make awesome things happen. Even if it's raining like crazy.









No comments:

Post a Comment